Friday, November 27, 2009

My First Thanksgiving

I hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year for the Jonas family. I think it was a success. We had such a great time with out of town family and the food was yummy! I did everything but the turkey and the yams (ok, I know that's major cheating, but can I still consider it my first Thanksgiving?)
I LOVED having my SIL Emily around. She was super helpful and is an amazing photographer, so we have gorgeous pictures of our holiday. (BTW, if you live in the Vegas area, you should totally use her as your photographer for anything!)
I did lots the day before, so the day of wasn't stressful. Here we are in crunch time.

John's brother Bo did the turkey...such a huge burden off me! (John's aunt had extra yams that she gave to me the night before)

And here's what we ended up with

So great to have these babies together. All 4 were born in 2007...Rylie (feb), Bailey (apr), Tyler (oct), Milo (nov)

It was a great day all around. The best part was I seriously didn't do one dish! If you know me, you know I prefer doing dishes (or scrubbing toilets or having a vaginal exam) over cooking, so it's a big accomplishment for me to make most of Thanksgiving dinner and not end the day in the fetal position with my thumb in my mouth!
The rest of the week was fun too. The weather didn't keep the kids inside.
Austin loved having his cool uncles around for playing Wii and flag football.
Thanks to all for a fun holiday weekend!
All my Thanksgiving recipes will be here soon... (not too late for your Christmas dinner)

3 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

oh I am so proud of you, it all looks wonderful I loved your list of things you would rather be doing than cooking dinner. hahah too funny! sounds like a wonderful week. I am so glad it ALL went well.

Scott Jolley said...

You totally cheated. I on the other hand officially cooked my first Turkey :)
Everything looks great and I'm glad you were able to get everything else cooked--that's still a big job in and of itself!

Oh and by the way, I love the new window in your dining area (well it's new to me...)

Michelle

Valerie said...

I had Thanksgiving at my house this year too! It was also a first for me. It was my second time doing a turkey, it's not so bad, I promise. Everything looks great. I love that you took a pic of the plate, so yummy!