Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It was like going to sleep on Christmas night

You know after months of anticipation, planning, parties, tradition, shopping, and all else that comes with Christmas, when you go to sleep that night you are so sad it's over!! (I know you hear me Cami). That's how I felt when I went to sleep on Saturday night.
I've been excited for this weekend for months. My good friend Charis came into town for the So You Think You Can Dance concert and we just made a party of the whole weekend.
Friday night we took a walk at the golf course. Since John is there almost everyday, he pulled some strings and got us a couple carts for a ride. All you can eat wings at Wingers, some funny websites and an Office episode started things off right
Saturday morning we went for another walk and then got massages.
Then shopped at Tai Pan
Then shopped and had dinner at the Gateway
HOORRAY! To the concert. We died of laughter at the people sitting in front of us...
Seriously? They were easily in their 70's and were SO into it. I never had the guts to ask why!
So I didn't take a lot of pictures because I realized I was missing dances to take pictures...

The Butt dance
Janette (for Shelbie- she's not my favorite)
Touching the stage at intermission (it was a short walk, seeing as we were on the 10th row- HOLLA!)

One, Singular Sensation!

Zombie- LOVED IT
FINALE

I didn't take pictures of Addiction, but it was AMAZING!! I love Kupono. But even more, I could not get enough Brandon. He was incredible in real life.

What did John do while I was off duty?
Austin had the flu last week (given by me- oops), which he shared with his sisters. His moved to an ear infection and the girls were just plain sick, so he took all 3 to Urgent Care. A shot in the bum for Austin and $150 in perscriptions later, we're all doing fine!

I just have to put a plug out for tama flu. It's the medication that's gets you over the flu faster. I didn't bother with it for Austin because I figured he'd be fine, but a week later and he's still coughing and recovering from two nasty infected ears. He hasn't been to school in over a week! I caught the girls early (you have to start it within 48 hours of symptoms) and got them on it. After just 2 days, they are almost back to normal.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

What a blast for you!!! and what a trooper John was with the kids at insta care!!!LOL poor Austin! :( looks like he did good though with the shot , it takes an army to hold down my 8 year old Chandler! I am starting to cough today and I just pray it doesn't turn into anything more!!!

Andrea J said...

Charis looks exactly like she did freshman year, it's nice to see her doing so well! I guess Utah isn't messing around w/ the flu; I have yet to see any child in the hospital wearing a mask.

Cyndi said...

Poor Austin. What a picture. He is so brave!

JEN MARX said...

Fun! I love SYTYCD (that acronym is way too long!) Funny that John took a pic of Austin getting a shot....Steve tried to video tape the girls getting their shots the other day! :)