Sunday, November 29, 2009

BYU 26 Utah 23

Rise and Shout!
I like to go to one football game with John each season. This year it was the Utah game. We HAD to be there an hour early, which was actually really fun. We saw the marching band, the cougarettes, and Lavell Edwards. The poor man can't walk down the street without being stopped every 10 feet, so we just smiled at him.
To start the game, we got a visit from some cool airforce helicopters (or maybe army? I don't know. And don't ask me what they are because I will tell you Apache and Black Hawk. Those are the only military names I know. I might be right!)
Anyway, it was so great because some old friends of ours were in town for Thanksgiving, so we got seats with them. We haven't seen them in about 5 years so it was great to catch up and a fun distraction from the game. It gets boring sometimes (don't tell John I said that!)
Star and Me

John and Chris

It turned out that Lavell was sitting in the box right above us, so I did get a picture with him (and some goofball he's sitting next to).

BYU worked it out in over time (I hate over time). It was a great game!

Go Cougars!

3 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

cute hat, cute pic, looks fun, kinda.

Leslie said...

It was a very good, close game! Andy and Alec went as well but they sat on the UTAH side given we are Utah fans. I think Utah played very well given there freshmen quarter back!! I am not heartbroken that Utah did not win, they played a good game. HOWEVER, I am appuled and disgusted with what Max Hall had to say about Utah!!!! UNCALLED FOR!!! I don't care what your feelings are about another team you do NOT let those feelings be known on national televison!!!! I have lost all respect for BYU due to that selfish JERK!!!!!! :(

Valerie said...

It was a great game! So fun that you were there! I would have had to have plenty of hot chocolate to get me through though I think.