Thursday, February 26, 2009

MY Theroy on Shoes

I, like most air breathing women, like shoes. I have an ever changing collection, that I am happy with right now. I am consistently behind on any fashion, so switch to a nonjudgmental mind frame as you read my deep thoughts on shoes...

I bought this lovely pair a few years ago at Payless. I payed full price- $24.50! They have become my very favorite pair of basic brown shoes. They are so comfortable. I wear them anytime I know I will be doing lots of walking and I love them!

Because I loved my basics browns so much, I searched for some similar basic blacks. While in Minneapolis last November, I found these babies at the Nordstrom in the Mall of America. As you can see, I payed $52.50 for them. That's a lot for me, as I am very cheap.

I just loved them so much though, so I forked over the dough and had high hopes. Sadly, they are so uncomfortable. I only wear them if I know I won't be doing too much moving around.

With my black and brown wedge quota filled, I had to get some fun ones. I ordered these online for about $20. They fit like a glove and are now on my list of "shop worthy" shoes (shoes comfy enough to do some real shopping in).


Recently, I was at Payless again looking for some knock off crocs for John and found these babies


And these


They were each on clearance for $9, but with BOGO (Buy one get one half off) I paid $13.50 for both. These are what I call "novelty shoes." I can never pay a lot for novelty shoes because they don't get worn much and go out of style fast. I have worn both a couple times and they are both so cozy!

These little darlings are dear to my heart. They are about 8 or 9 years old, but such a perfect pair of camel sandals that they haven't gone to DI heaven yet. Cami teases me for my foot permanently imprinted,
but I don't pay any attention because they are perfect summer shopping shoes! $20 Dillards clearance.

I ran about 10 laps around my church building in these guys last sunday (primary was hectic!). I paid $20 at Ross for these awesome Steve Madden heels. By the end of church, I had to take them off to walk to the car, but had it been a normal day at church, they would not have hurt any more than my other church heels.

John likes my normal stubs of legs in heels, so I suffer for love!
These novelty heels I got online for like $15 (shipped). I have a love/hate relationship with the peep toe just because I have to have my toe nails painted to wear them and that's iffy in the winter. But for $15 they can be summer shoes. And they feel pretty good!
So it seems to me that my cheap shoes are more comfortable then when I spend a little more. So why should I spend more? Why should I buy designer or name brand at full price? What I have is cute enough, right?
My sister-in-law Emily might disagree. I'm just not sold on spending $250 on shoes. Trends change so fast and my turn over rate is so high that I just can't feel good about spending like that.
I do have to admit, I have this pair of Paylessers that I paid like $15 for. They are funky and that's what I like about them, but they KILL my feet. Too bad.

I was in desperate need of black boots and really forked it over for these babies. $100 at Nordstrom and I LOVE them.
These two pairs of boots are the only exception to the rule that I have in my collection.
While I was taking pictures of some of my shoes, I thought I'd get these in there. I got them for so so cheap at the swapmeet and have NEVER worn them. They are a size 8 and up for grabs. I will throw them in the mail for whoever wants them. The heel is just too short for these stubs I'm walking on! Truly, if my cheapo shoes are cute, comfy and last as long as I need them to, why should I pay for a name? Please, Anyone! Enlighten me on this subject.

13 comments:

Devry said...

i have to agree, i have lived in two pairs of shoes the past 6 months or so...I paid $8 dollars for each at Steve & Barry's. I love a good deal on shoes I can live in.

Leslie said...

WOW women you have a lot of shoes though I probably do also!! ha! those are all really cute!! I remember seeing the ones that you wore on Sunday and really liked them!! and those ones at Payless are way cute and those boots too!!! good taste!!!!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

I'm with you on the cheap, comfy shoes! And I'd love to try on that last pair - so cute! Bring them to your Mom's sometime and I'll give them a try.

Cami said...

Do you like the wedge? Just wondering! Of course the cheaper the better, did you have to ask? I need some enlightenment from you on shoes - and all clothes for that matter. Talk about behind in fashion and same old same old. I feel so bla sometimes. Especially around you and Shelbie. Cute post, Kim!

Jayme said...

Haha!!! I loved this post. :)

Cyndi said...

You can shop in wedges? I am amazed. Maybe I need to give Payless another look. My experience with payless shoes has not been so great. For some reason they make my feet smell and I end up throwing them away a few months later.

At the moment I am having an issue with shoes. I want to see your casual pairs. I CANNOT find a pair that I like. For parks, zoo, malls, etc. I refuse to wear my running shoes with jeans...blah.

Cute shoes. Hopefully those black kitten heels find a home.

Harmony said...

It made me laugh that ALL your favorite shoes are wedges. I don't think I could shop in for long in a shoe like that. I'm all about my converse right now. So not very stylish but so comfortable I've pretty much forgotten I even have any other shoes!

Emily Jonas said...

Hi Kim, I haven't never spent anything close to $250 on pair of shoes. My most expensive shoes are boots from Nordstrom for $130.

The shoes I featured on my blog were on sale for $210 at endless, but I paid for $68 plus $12 shipping. Most my shoes are under $40, and majority of those shoes are around $15. I just find good deals on name brands.

Jeanine said...

This was such a fun, cute post! I love a good deal...there's nothing like it. Especially if they turn out to be your favorite shoe!

Devri said...

I loved this post and have to say I am exactly the same although my husband is trying to convert me to his side and continually tries to force me to buy expensive shoes rather than cheap ones. He just doesn't understand that some shoes that cost less actually last just as long and feel just as good!
Cute shoes by the way! ;-)