Tuesday, February 24, 2009

John's Birthday Weekend

Today (February 24) is John's 31st birthday, but I've taken the liberty of celebrating it all weekend. However, I did not take the liberty of taking pictures of all of our partying. SORRY! I will do my best to supplement (because let's be honest, a post just isn't a post without some good pics).
The weekend started with dropping my kiddos (yes, all three) at my mother's house for a sleep over (yes, all night). I know, I know, my mom is a wingless angel! Can't thank you enough, JuJu. Now that we are kidless, we headed to the mountains for some cross country skiing. For those non-locals, there is a loop that connects Provo Canyon and American Fork Canyon that is called the Alpine Loop. In the winter it's closed to cars and open to skiiers! It's so beautiful and so so so much fun. John's good friend (and old mission companion) Ben and his cute pregnant wife, Emilee, came with us, which made for such wonderful company.
This is a picture of us skiing the Alpine Loop two years ago when I was 6 months pregnant with Bailey! But at least you can see the beauty of it.
After skiing we hit up Winger's, a Jonas favorite, for dinner. Then a movie at our house afterward.
Saturday morning we went on a nice walk and ran some errands before we got the kids from my mom.
That afternoon, the weather was "so nice" for Utah, John took the kids out back to work on his golf swing.
That night, our good friends, The Buckles, offered to watch our kids for us to go out to dinner again! So nice. We just did a quick dinner and got the kids home to bed (everyone was pretty tired from our partying the night before).
For dinner on Monday night we invited ourselves to the Marx house for Steve to cook us up some tepenyaki.
(this picture is from a ferw months back, but gives you the right visual)

This morning we took advantage of more nice weather and went for a walk, then John made his first visit to the golf course for the year!
For dinner he ordered chicken cordon blue and potato casserole. No problem! TA-DAAA....
(I'm a terrible cook, so this is quite an accomplishment)
Then my family came over for presents and birthday pizzookies (let me explain. A pizzookie is a "pizza cookie". You bake cookie dough in a pie tin and as soon as it comes out, pile ice cream and hot fudge on top. Then everyone grabs a spoon and digs in. This is another Jonas favorite). John ordered this instead of cake and ice cream.
I'm not going to gush too much about John, but just know that John is a perfect husband for me. He is endlessly patient and actually finds my craziness funny. He is so simple and easy to please. He is always on my side and supports me in all I do. He seems to be dedicated only to the church and the family and doesn't need much more in life. I adore John and am so grateful I chose him.



5 comments:

Harmony said...

Happy Birthday to John! And good job keeping the pizookie alive. Yum!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday John!!!!!! for some reason on facebook it says that it's today so i totally screwed up!! :( tell him sorry for me! lol sounds like you guys had such a great time!!!!! and you made it fun for him!!! anytime you guys want to out we will watch your kids also!!!!!! no problem!!! cute cute pictures!!! OH and I like how you said you guys envited yourselves over to Jen's house!! ha lol cute!!

Leslie said...

OH ya!! we love winger's also!! we really like their wings!!!!!!! let's all go sometime together!! :)

Hayward Family said...

Sounds like a fantabulous birthday weekend!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY John! You 2 are so sweet together!

Cyndi said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect and busy weekend...just the way a birthday celebration should be.

Cross country skiing looks so fun. I want to say I've done it before but I can't remember. If we ever come back to Utah in the winter I definantly want to do that!