Sunday, February 8, 2009

I LOVE Primary!!!

My new calling has been busy, but wonderful. I LOVE to spend all this time with this little children. They are so pure and sweet and I love to watch them learn that they are children of God, that they have a Savior and an earthly family to help them return to Heaven.
I remember a General Authority saying when he was young their primary songs were "Give said the little stream" and "Oh what do you do in the summer time?" Later the songs were "I'm trying to be like Jesus" "I am a child of God" and "I love to see the temple." Those were my primary songs that I now sing to my kids!
I am watching this progression of primary music at work again. We need to be teaching our children more now then "I am a child of God."
The primary theme this year is "My Eternal Family" and the newest song we are learning is "The Family is of God."
Click here to listen to it
My favorite line (and it's oh so sweet being belted by a 4 year old!) is "God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be." That is so perfect for our confused world. God wants us to be like Him and we can only do that through eternal marriage between a man and a woman.
(If that link doesn't work, go here and click on the mp3 (with words) icon by "The Family is of God")

5 comments:

Janet said...

Every time I've served in Primary I cry through sharing time - the sweet simple truths of the gospel being taught to the children get me everytime!

Amber said...

I love this song. My kids were singing it for us tonight and I think it is one of my favorites.

Hayward Family said...

What a sweet post! I have yet to learn the NEW Primary songs, but I still sing all the old ones to Cy! He loves them!

Trav and Linds said...

I love the post about your cat, it took me a minute to realize you both weren't expecting. Don't you love the new primary song. I love being in primary too! I have to admit I sometimes get a little teary during singing time when all of the cute kids are belting out the songs. (Maybe it is my lack of sleep these days too, but I think it is so sweet! )

Trav and Linds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.