Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Kittens!

We got home from being out tonight and noticed that Tasha was acting weird. We thought our time might be at hand, so we put some towels in a box and laid her in there. While I was putting Austin and Addie in bed, John yelled for me to "get down here." I came running and there was already one kitten all clean and nursing! So I set up camp. My friend Jen has been here with me and we've just spent the whole night watching her deliver 3 more kittens. I did get a video, but am not going to post it- YUCK! (Well, kind of cool to me, but yuck to most everyone else).
The pictures are a little gard to see because Tasha is white, her kittens are white and the towels (which are now trash) are white.
This is #1 nursing

Here she is with two kittens. One is nursing and one is cuddled between her head and arm.

Here's a close up of the one cuddled in a hug.

Here's all four out and still a little gooy and bloody

Look at that cute little face
Let me know if you are interested in a kitten for summer! This is our last liter, as we will be responsible and have her fixed now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Larry was not allergic we wold soooo take one. I grew up with cats and love em. The girls do too, but having one in the house would literally kill larry. :)

Harmony said...

I think that having kittens in your home will be a great learning experience for your kids. Especially Austin. We'll have to come by and see them.

Monica said...

Awesome! Perfect timing with the kids in bed.

Congratulations to the new mom. Does that make you the grandma?

Leslie said...

OH you are right those are soooo cute!!!! how sweet!!!!! AHHHHH!! such an amazing thing to see those born!! =)

Hayward Family said...

SO CUTE!! Congrats!! They are beautiful!! Missed you Sat! Hope you had FUN with your hubby! ;)

Janice said...

they are so cute.