Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Birthday...

...To the most amazing woman out there. Of course, we all know that I'm talking about my mom. If you know her, this means you have been served by her. It's well known that she is the most selfless woman you will ever meet, but I thought I'd tell you a couple things that are less known.

1. She is so funny. It's very common for my mom to start a fit of giggles, that will spread to most of the people in the room (this usually happens during prayer too). She has a killer sense of humor. Almost everything has some kind of humor in it. She even makes jokes to a man in her ward that has had both legs amputated (She, of course, has plenty of time to tease him about his legless body while she is in his home a few times a week to help him with physical therapy or taking in a meal)
2. She is fit. It's obvious that she has a killer bod, but she is also very healthy. She is always in the front of any family hike (and usually carrying a grandchild). She eats right and exercises everyday. Don't get me wrong, she eats chocolate like the best of us, but she knows where to stop (a trait I did not get)!
3. She is an incredible wife. I am so lucky to have an example of how to be a good wife. Before all her service to everyone else in the world, she takes care of her husband. They have been married for over 30 years and are still blissful. It is so refreshing to see and so has been a huge factor in my healthy marriage.
I could go on, but won't (here's another tidbit- she doesn't like attention. It kind of embarrasses her). Hope your birthday was a happy one! I love you Mom!

3 comments:

Cami said...

No matter how hard I try, you always one up me in the brown nose-ing! What would we do without mom? She is the best - Happy day mom!

Hayward Family said...

CUTE!! Happy Birthday!! Your mom is too cute!

Hayward Family said...

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!!