Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama 2008

I'm not passionate about politics. I know I am conservative and I was hoping for another Republican in the white house, as I have been pleased with Bush. I didn't have high hopes for McCain to win and have never been terribly impressed with him anyway. As I watched Obama give his victory speech last night, I realized that I AM passionate. No, not about who lives in the white house, but about the fact that there is still a more powerful being in this world. He is directing this country, as He always has. I know this and find comfort in it, especially at this critical time. I am honored to live in a country where the people have a voice and freedoms. I have faith and confidence that what happens in the coming years is essential to ushering in the second coming of Jesus Christ. So democrat or republican, I like you all because we are all children of the God who is leading us! And I will support our new president!
PS... I am thrilled that Prop 8 passed in California! Way to go all you who put your time and energy (and heart and soul) into helping this pass. I'm so proud!!

7 comments:

Janet said...

Well-said and I agree wholeheartedly!

heather said...

After I heard who won the presidential race(and was disappointed-I also wasn't impressed with the choice I had, but conservative is the choice) I was next concerned with prop 8 and was on the phone all night. SO happy that it passed, Arizona's prop 102 passed also. Although I must say that I am a little scared for what is to come, mostly for my children, I am relying on my Faith that things will pull through and as time is dwindling Our Savior has a plan.

Jeanine said...

You're a good American Kim. :) I think that it was such a long drawn out campaign...I am just glad it is finally done and over. We can move on now!

Nicole said...

Amen, Sista!

Life is a Journey said...

Hi Kim! How are you guys! We miss you! Your pics are darling on your blog. How do you like your new neighbors? I hope that you are doing well! keep in touch!

Heidi said...

I kept telling Jeremy the same thing during this election. I don't care if it's republican or democrat.. just take some steps in the right direction to make things better!

Hayward Family said...

That's very patriotic of you! Great picture! Thanks for the confidence and reminder! Love ya!