Saturday, June 14, 2008

This Week...Lost track of days!

There has been not too much to report from the begining of this week. We had all lazy days at the beach and pool. Out condo is close enough to the beach for the baby moniter to work, so we've had lots of relaxing hours on the beach while Bailey naps!
This weekend John and the other men put on a seminar in San Jose. It was mainly to make the whole trip a legit business expense and to make a little money. It originally was going to be a fun family trip to the city, but after all the traveling we'd been doing, the women decided to stay at the beach with the kids and let the men go to the city.
I was a little worried about being alone with the 3 kids in strange place. The first day we 3 women took the kids (8 between us) on a hike at a very famous beach called Manuel Antonio. I carried Bailey in the backpack and held Addie's hand the WHOLE way! We did great and had a fun time.
The next day (Friday) the other women were taking their kids back to see the crocidiles. I decided to opt out beacuse I was a little nerveous with a wiggly baby and fearless Addie looking over a bridge at crocs.
We had such a fun day on our own. I took the big kids to the beach while Bailey napped. Once she was up, we threw on our bathing suit cover ups and went into the closest city, Jaco (which is about 20 minutes away) for lunch, groceries and some souvineer shopping. The kids were angels, exepct the time Adeline broke this ugly crab statue at one of the shops and I had to pay $15 for it. I guess I will glue it and give it to one of my brothers! HAHA! I got some really fun stuff besides.
I really thought I would be so scared and lost without John around, but as I drove back to our condo (not getting lost once!) I felt very strong and independent. Even my spanish was good enough to get me around.
In the evening we walked the beach at low tide to check out the tide pools and collect some shells. We, again, rinsed off our extra sand in the pool and headed to bed. All were dead tired. John will be back sometime today...so we passed with flying colors!

Here is a little non-Costa Rica related updates of out family...
  • Happy 7th Aniversary to John and me on June 12th. We weren't together, but have been celebrating for two weeks and will for two more.
  • I bought Austin some shoes in Jaco and said "These are your new school shoes." I can't beleive I am buying school clothes for my soon-to-be kindergartener
  • I know use shampoo and conditioner in 3 year old Adeline's hair! Ha Ha that it's taken me so long to use more than just soap (hair has been so slow coming), but you've seen pictures of here bed head and the pool is starting to turn her white-blond hair green. What a big girl.
  • Bailey is 90% walking! Hooray to be away from crawling stage, which I hate so much. I still catch her crawling a tiny bit, but I think that will be phased out in the next week or so.
  • Lastly, June is a big month for our family. Not only is it mine and John's anniversary, but I also have to say Happy Anniversary to Cami and Brandon 10 years! My Mom and Dad 31 years! Tim and Shelbie big 2 years! and Happy Birthday to Clay (Cami and Brandon's 3rd)and Hudson (Tim and Shel's only) both turned 1! So sad we missed the celebrations.

Pictures soon to come!

No comments: