Monday, June 2, 2008

Costa Rica- Day 2

8 am Austin was the first one up! John took him on a walk and to get breakfast while I got us packed to leave. They came back sooner then I thought they would. Breakfast, but no walk. John said “The only people out at 8 on Sunday morning are people who are still out from Saturday night.” Scary.

We packed up and headed out to the beach. But first a stop at Hiper Mas! It’s the Tico Wal-Mart. It was so awesome. They even had a little food court with McDonalds (which the kids loved) and a great little Mexican place (which John and I loved). Now we were really off to the beach! The 4 hour drive was beautiful and rainy. Sometimes it rained so hard we could barely see! But the kids were so entertained by just looking out the window! We never even pulled out the video Ipod. Just a little Wiggles for background music and the Costa Vida scenery!

Once we got here (Playa Hermosa) we ad no where to stay! So we stopped at a couple hotels to check them out. We found one where we got a two bedroom suite for $45 a night. Now don’t let the word “suite” fool you. We are definitely not paying for the cleaning service here. The sheets look something my grandma sent to DI about 10 years ago and they ended up here. The towels are all mis-matched and feel like they have been hand washed and hung dried. We will take those towels to the beach and use our brought from home towels to shower. But we have a patio that looks out over the beach and just inside the patio is our bed, that also looks out over the beach! The two rooms is so nice for our sensitive Bailey who loves a dark quiet room to sleep. Maybe she will get a good nap today!?!?!

As I walked the cobblestone path to the pool, I realized there was dog poop all over it. I told John to ask the lady working here if she could clean it off so the kids don’t step in it. She said “That’s not dog poop. That’s monkey poop!” That made it a little cooler. She got the hose and sprayed it off for us.

We hit a local pizza place and brought it back to the hotel for dinner. We ate and watched frogs hop around, lizards climb the walls and listened to monkeys in the trees. Total Perfection!

It is now 8:30 am on Monday, June 1. Austin and John are already at the beach. I am waiting around for Addie (my mini-me) who is still asleep. I think I will get her up and head to the beach too! Here we go…Our vacation in paradise!!

PS we are not in a convenient place to post pictures. We are paying for internet by the hour, so I will post starting next week when it's easier.

1 comment:

Sh'Nell said...

Kim, I'm so jealous. That sounds like so much fun!!