Sunday, February 14, 2010

YW Sleepover

I officially initiated myself back into the Young Women's program. I was at a camp meeting with the president on Thursday night. She was making desperate phone calls because a cabin they had for a leadership sleepover for Friday had fallen through. Now they had 16 young women and leaders with no where to have a slumber party.

What on earth should I do?

I offered my house!

John (so amazing) took the kids and slept at my parents so that estrogen could take over.

We had a great dinner then played some silly games. Janessa had to act like a walrus.
Joanna (the pres) did a great cow
Cute Julie had to do "This Little Piggy" to some of the girls.Channing did a little hula hoop
Then, the girls got a hold of my camera... Jokes on you Girls!






After some amazing leadership training, we really pumped up the GIRL volume: Pulled out a million treats, braided each other's hair,
Painted each other's toe nails
and watched "Beautician and the Beast."
I only made it to midnight! I know, serious party pooper, but I was exhausted, so I checked out. Not sure what time to girls finally went to sleep. Probably 2:00 or so, which isn't too bad.
In the morning we had yummy breakfast and played a little Wii.
By 10:30, they were all gone!

We have another planned for this August!

5 comments:

Jolley's said...

looks like it turned out great!

Leslie said...

How nice of you and fun I am sure!! Looks like you are settleing into your new calling great!!! I am sure the girls had a blast!!!

Jami said...

Wow, looks like lots of fun! I think midnight is totally decent of you, I can't stay up late for anything anymore...does that mean we're getting old? :/

JEN MARX said...

Oh my goodness! Young Womens! From one crazy calling to the next...two! :) You are awesome! We are doing our girls camp at Heber Valley and I'm super excited! :) You are gonna do great! I miss you! How about we get together sometime soon. Steve's parents will be here till next Sun so after that! :)

Brittany said...

What a lifesaver you are. That looks like the Party of the Year! It looks like everyone had an absolute blast....especially those who had to act like animals. :)