Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thoughts on leaving the country for a month

Today is the day! As soon as Austin gets home from school we will leave to have an early dinner at my mom's then she will take us to the airport. I will document each leg of our travels, as I'm sure it will be interesting to you:) We will go from Salt Lake to LA to Seoul to Manila to Caticlan to Boracay (our final destination). YIKES!

It makes it easier to leave when you wake up to this...
It makes it harder to leave when you have to take precious cleaning and packing time to introduce the girls camp theme to the young women.
This years theme? S.T.A.R.S. Wish I could take credit for it, but it was a theme for a girls camp I went to as a young women. Our stake theme is United We Stand and this STARS theme came back to me because it fits right in. It's an acronym for Stand Together As Righteous Sisters.
Here's my version of a STAR!
I had to do something fun to introduce it to them. And here's my poster I stayed up way to late being frustrated over. I always have wonderful things in my head, but they never come out quite right. Oh Well!
It makes it easier to leave knowing that our house and cat will be well cared for.

It makes it harder to leave knowing that this little baby is going to be so much bigger when I get home. (by the way, he has a middle name- Timothy- Lex Timothy Claybaugh- I think it's perfect!)

Lastly, how awesome am I? I packed for 5 people for a month like this...I didn't even skimp either! I have 5 pairs of shoes just for me:) Plus all my necessary toiletries. John even told me I could pack another suitcase, but I really didn't need it. It helps that 3 of the 5 of us are little people and the clothes we are bringing are little too (a few bikini tops just don't take up that much room!)

Hard or easy, we're off!

I'll keep you posted

1 comment:

Emily said...

KIM! I'm excited to read about your travels! I just read on Cami's blog that you guys are going to Asia for five weeks!

HOLY SMOKIES THAT'S A WHILE! :)

First off, BLESS YOU for taking on the exciting challenge of traveling with children 1/2 way around the world, and then BLESS YOU AGAIN, for being willing to endure the few days that your kids will be all confused about night and day, and up and down, and in and out. :)

I think traveling to Asia is hard enough when your traveling alone, so good luck!

IF you have time . . . go to Hong Kong! It is my FAVORITE city in the world! Shopping! People speak English! It's relatively clean! (Not Singapore clean, but it's definitely not Taiwan dirty or mainland China dirty!)

How fun for you and your family. You guys will treasure this experience forever.

Hey, your kids are young enough, maybe they'll come back speaking a bit of Tagalog? :)