Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cleaning My Washer

Isn't fun to clean things that clean things?
Well, I've been noticing that my washing machine needed a little attention. Since I'm cleaning and organizing top to bottom, this seemed to fit the agenda.
So I did a little online research, which wasn't helpful. That's why I'm posting this for you. Most things I read said to run the machine empty with either a cup of bleach (for stains) or vinegar (for smell). Obviously neither of those were my problems. I had some fabric softener build up.
Yikes!
I figured out that you can removed the the softener dispenser. I ran hot water through it and shook a lot to clean it out. It was so nasty! I even got a toothpick out of there. Seriously! I have no idea how it got there.
Then I just used good old fashion elbow grease and scrapped off the build up. I also read that if you put a cup of water in the softener dispenser after you've put the softener in, it helps eliminate build up. Or you could use the time release balls.
Good as new!

5 comments:

Cami said...

Wow, you are putting me to shame now! I did not need one more thing to think about as far as cleaning goes! That's awesome though, now I will have to go take a look at mine.

Anonymous said...

Hey I did that the other day too. LOL it looks brand spanking new again.

Brittany said...

Wow! Nice work girl.

Devri said...

It looks like you just a new one delivered! Great work! I always take a few cap fulls of water and add it to the softener dispenser. It cuts way back on the build up!

Leslie said...

Looks great I sooooooo need to do the same thing to mine!!!! UGH!! LOL