Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birthday on the Roof

When John and I decided to do this trip to the Philippines, I told him I would go for one month. He tried to stretch it longer, but I held my ground and said I was only willing to go for March. He, of course, pushed it and scheduled us to leave Feb. 25 and return April 1 (What? It's totally the month of March.) Well, joke's on him because his birthday is Feb. 24, the day before we leave! I told him I was not going to do anything special for his birthday this year. There just wasn't any time! He didn't care.
Well, I'm a sucker and still planned a special date for last night. I didn't even realize it was a theme date until I was writing this post.
First, we went to see "Fiddler on the Roof" at the Hale Center Theater in Salt Lake. Neither of us have ever even seen the movie, so we were excited to see it as Fiddler virgins. We were so impressed! It was fantastic. I knew most of the music, but even the music that was new to me, I LOVED! I have got to get the soundtrack. If you live in this area, you have got to go. It is so sweet. The only problem was that the night before I started to get sniffley. I woke up Saturday morn not feeling 100%, but went to the gym with my sister anyway and did a tough work out. By the time I got home, I was in really bad shape. I took a shower and got back into bed. I got up with just enough time to get myself cute for the date. So with a major pressure headache behind my eyes and my nose faucet turn ON, we went to a tear jerker play. Had it been bad, I would've fallen asleep. But it was great and I highly recommend it.
No pictures because we had to book it out of there to get to our dinner reservations at The Roof (on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building- over looking the Salt Lake temple)

They had the most amazing dessert bar! I LOOOOOVE me a good dessert (or 4). The chocolate mousse was to die for. It was like eating straight frosting. MMMMMMMMM
I fell asleep on the way home. Then we laid on the couch and watched a little Olympics, where I fell asleep again. I think at some point I walked myself to bed. What a party pooper! It was still a great night with my wonderful husband! Happy 32!

P.S. I feel much better today! Not all the way back, but functional, at least.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

How fun!! too bad you felt crappy! :( man you guys leave in just a few days!!!!! :) how exciting! I sure hope your family has a great time!!!! Sounds like you made John's birthday special and he loved it I am sure!! I love eating at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building!!!!!!!!! soooooooo good!!!!!! we have not been in years!! it's the best! :) if I don't see you before you guys leave have a safe and fun trip!!! :)

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

yeah for you! you look adorable for feeling so crummy ;)

Lisa said...

first of all, happy birthday to john! who knew, he is one day older than me ;) love the pics but i do have to say....you guys chose christmas colors :) lol. maybe we'll have to go see the play tho - sounds like a way fun birthday!

Jolley's said...

Way to go, sounds like the night was great all around!

Oh and Happy B-day to John (it's today isn't it?)