Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcom June!

The summer I graduated from high school was a hard summer for our family to face. Two weeks after I graduated, my older sister got married and moved to Colorado. Two months after that, I went to Utah State and the rest of my family moved to California. It was our first parting and it was sad and hard.
Little did we know it was just the beginning!! Since then there have been many more tearful goodbyes and times of separation...my parents going to be mission president in Costa Rica, brothers going on missions, more graduations and marriages. I know, I know, these really are happy things and that does soften the blow of change, but if you know my parents, you know that they wish we kids could live with them forever and they could spend their lives in our service!
Although my parents are veterans now at watching their family grow up, my mom still confided in me that she woke up on May 1st and didn't want to get out of bed. She knew that May was bringing more change, happy change, but change nonetheless.
First, my little brother Tim graduated from UVU with is BA and will be applying for PA school next year.
Soon after, this cute couple was sealed for time and all eternity. Luckily they moved into a basement apartment right across the street from my parentsLast week, the baby of the family, Jonny, graduated from high school. Thank goodness he still has a year before his mission.
The day after graduation, the baby girl of the family left for Africa! She is spending the month of June in Ghana working at an orphanage.
Experience really is key here, as I saw very few tears from my parents throughout the month! Still, we made it through May and welcome a little more stability in June!

No comments: