Friday, June 12, 2009

I hate these things

When I was a child, I remember going to the dentist. My first thought of this light was "how convenient." I was glad the dentist was able to get a better look in my mouth.

I was stupid.I was completely mortified as a 21 year Mormon girl when I went in for that dreaded pre-marital exam. All alone with my legs tensely in stir-ups, the doctor turned on his "convenient" light and pulled it over to get a better look "down there."

See how stupid I was?

I just got home from a wonderful trip to North Carolina to visit my dear friend Michelle (more on that later). We took a day to get facials and pedicures. The lighting in the facial room was dim, so when she said "I'm going to do a skin analysis" I didn't really mind. Then she pulled out my nemesis with a magnifying glass attached and proceeded to tell me about the large pores on my nose (which I already know about). I thought she might offer a solution, but it seemed that it was all more for my own information. Thanks a lot.

I hate those things.

2 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

just so you know I have never looked at you with one of these lights and I have never noticed large pores. did you tell her they may look large because she was looking through magnifying glass. duh!!

Jami said...

Yikes! I totally know what you mean though. Funny.