Friday, July 25, 2008

A Mini Vacation

Earlier this week we took a quick trip with our new BFFs Jen and Steve Marx. We left the kiddos (all three- a first for us!) with my mom. This made for a very relaxing trip. We left Tuesday morn and headed into St. George. After 2 stops (usually, with our 3 children, we don't stop at all. Jen and Steve are high maintenance) we made it. Once we got there, we did a session in the temple. Then a yucky dinner at Applebees (don't ever eat there) and off to see Les Miserable at Tuacahn. This is a cool outdoor theatre up against the red rock hills of St. George. It is beautiful and they put on an amazing show complete with fireworks and a real cannon. I love love love the story of Les Mis. If you have never seen it, it's a big must!
John had gotten a free hotel in Mesquite for buying his golf pass, so after the show, we headed to the classiest hotel ever- The Oasis (hey, it was free). We slept in until 9:30 then hit up the breakfast buffet (always a favorite of mine). And what would the trip have been without some lounging by the pool? The Oasis has a surprisingly nice pool. After grabbing In-N-Out, we headed home. Even the drive to and from was enjoyable and relaxing! This mini vacation thing is going to have to become more frequent. It was PERFECT!

This is the Tuacahn theatre. The only problem was, it was so hot, even after the sun went down. I was still thrilled with the whole experience. Poor Steve was less amused, but was still a good sport.
right outside the theatre
Madame Thenardiae was wonderful. I wish she was looking at the camera!
We are beaming because it was so awesome
On the drive home. Jen and I sat in the back and talked about old boyfriends and news in our ward while John and Steve talked business (boring) in the front.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Cute Cute Pictures!!! How fun!!! I wish soooo much Andy and I could do something like that some day, just have a mini vacation. Jen and Steve are the best!! you found some great new friends!! I love Jen, she is the cutiest thing ever!! Glad you guys had such a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and her both looked GREAT!!!

Leslie said...

Yes, I think we need to get together with the kids and hang out!!! let's plan a time/day!! :)

Cyndi said...

What a fun mini vacation! I love St. George. Your post to Cami is great. I love all the pictures...except of course that horrible one with me. You holding Janice's long leg is awesome. Let's face it, I never had any good picture during those years. You and Cami are so fun to be around. I like how you are different, yet so close.

Jolley's said...

luuucky....no kids! Any time I can go ANYWHERE with my hubby and no kids (even if it's just to good ol' wally world) life is good. (of course a quick vacay to St. George sounds much better) Glad you had fun!

Dana said...

We are headed to St. George in a week to go to Tuachan! My father in law is directing Sound of Music there so we are going to that and Les Miserables. It is such a fun place, we love it! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Kurst said...

Little get aways with no kids are the best, just enough time to unwind and relax. Looks like you guys had a great time.