Thursday, January 13, 2011

Add Ons

  • I'm adding a few things to my list of things I'm loving this winter. I'll also add a little more info about some of the things in my original post.
SUDOKU is the perfect non-committal, pre-bed relaxation technique. I just don't have the time or the self control to be into a good book right now (I tend to sluff off my responsibilities to read when I'm into a great book). I can do a puzzle (or 2) in the bath before bed then put it down and not think about it again until the next night. So perfect for me right now!I have a confession to make- I am a grocery store make up kind of gal, but I think I might be converting to the expensive stuff (don't tell John!) My conversion started when the seasons changed and I lost my pretty, sun kissed face and realized my grocery store foundation was the wrong color so my face looked like it was August and my neck looked like it was March. I decided to suck it up and go to the make up counter at Macy's. I have never done this before. I seriously grabbed the first girl I saw and made her match my skin tone to a foundation. I ended up with Estee Lauder foundation. It cost me almost $50 for one bottle (Ouch!) but, if I can't looked I've spent the summer in Hawaii, I want to look like a porcelain doll. It pretty much rocks.

And to help with that crystal clear look (and clear up my wacky preggy break outs) I've found this Clean and Clear Spot Treatment to be helpful.
Here's how else to be cool like me:
  • I get my Yoga pants at Old Navy
  • The best Mango smoothies are at Roxberry because you can get it with 100% fruit and it's only 100 calories for a 16 oz. (not like I'm counting calories)
  • I love Downeast Basics long sleeved tees, but I also have some from Shade and I like them too
  • I think I got my nude fish nets at Target. They are tough suckers too. I catch them on all kinds of things and they're still kickin'

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Awesome!!! thanks for all the info! very helpful!!! :)

Jolley's said...

I just parted from my addiction to Mary Kay foundation and thought I'd try the Costco version of mineral foundation--comes in a kit.
I AM SOLD!!
It's awesome, and for like $16 you get the foundation, pressed powder and concealer :)

Brittany said...

This is SO insightful. Really. :)