Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Kim's Award Winning Cheesy Corn Chili

This recipe wins me every chili cook off I've ever entered. To really test it, I gave the recipe to my sister to take to her ward's chili cook off and guess what?

You got it!!

She won!!

booyah

And since I'm totally against "secret recipes," let me share the love

1 lb ground sausage
1 can tomato paste
2 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans chili beans
1 package chili seasoning
2 cups frozen corn or 2 cans of corn
16 oz Velveeta cheese
(pictured is Italian sausage because that's all I had, but you can use regular or hot or whatever is to your liking)

1. Brown sausage in skillet
2. While that's cooking, whisk tomato paste and water in a large pot until smooth on high heat
3. Add seasoning, beans (I like to leave them in their juices), and drained corn and tomatoes
4. Stir in browned sausage
5. Add Velveeta (I only use half of the block pictured)
6. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally

VOILA!
It's seriously the easiest thing on earth, so no need to be impressed.

If you really want to knock their socks off, serve with scones or corn bread and
Kim's Magical Honey Butter:
Honey
Butter (the real stuff)
Marshmallow cream (this should be a stable in your pantry from now on. Sound advice from an expert! It's really sweetens up fruit dips, frostings, cookies, fresh whipped cream, or anything else your sweet tooth craves)

Try it and let me know what you think. I'm open for improvement (ALWAYS)

6 comments:

jenny said...

YUM! I can't wait to try it out :)

JEN MARX said...

Sounds yummy! Sounds like I can even do it. (That means it's really easy!) :) I'll have to try it sometime. :)

Leslie said...

Sounds yummy I will have to make it soon!! :) thanks for the info!! :)

Leslie said...

Hey Kim, I want to make this tomorrow night for dinner, but what are the measurements for the butter and honey and marshmellow cream for the honey butter, I need to know so I don't screw it up!!! LOL e mail me it please! :) lesmoody@gmail.com, thank you! :)

Leslie said...

Made it last night and was very yummy!!! my kids still complained about it since they do not like chili but if they wanted dinner that's what it was. Andy and I loved it and the flavor is incredible! I had so much left over I took some up to my parents and they loved it too! thanks for the recipe Kim!! :)

Diedra Mahaffey said...

Thanks so much for sharing Kim - I am really looking forward to warming up this winter with YOUR chili !!