Friday, December 4, 2009

Deatils

Sorry, in my frazzled state (plus I was on hold with Mastercard), I didn't give any detail about my purse. I had left it in the car last night (which I often do) and John took the car to the dentist this morning. He realized when he got back in the car that the center console (between passenger and driver) had been flipped down, but didn't think much of it. He ran a couple other errands and came home. Not too long later, we got in the car together to run more errands and I couldn't find my make up bag. I was almost positive I had left it in the car, then realized my purse had been left there too. We looked around the house and all through the car and concluded they must be stolen. So we canceled our errands, checked the bank to find the charges at Macy's and started making phone calls. We canceled all of our cards and closed our bank account. Now it's just going to take time to replace things. So it's not the end of the world. Actually, I'm glad they took my purse and not the $3,000 worth of scuba gear we had in the backseat. We won't be reliable for anything spent, so this is cheaper.
Just a HUGE headache!!

4 comments:

Andrea J said...

Scuba gear in the back, in Utah, in December? Maybe you guys are certifying?

Cyndi said...

What a pain. How did they get in? Did John leave the car unlocked? Paul stresses over that kind of stuff. Yesterday he couldn't find his Visa card. He freaked out accusing the kids of getting into his wallet. He tore the house apart. It was silly how crazy he was getting. He found it in his cubicle at school (right where he left it). Good luck replacing everything. That is just a pain.

I love your family pictures. I am in love with Bailey's curls.

Cyndi said...

P.S. Show us your new purse! For me replacing the purse would be the hardest part.

Leslie said...

Such a headache!!! and major pain!! I am soooo sorry!!! :( I NEVER leave my purse in my car if I am not in the car!! being from southern Calif I don't trust anyone!!! sad these days :( sorry you had to go through all that crap!