Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Christmas Carol

Every year for the last thousand years, my family goes to see a production of (what we call) "Scrooge" and have See's candy at intermission. This tradition has such a dear place in my heart that is intensified through sharing it with my own children.
My sister Cami and I share these tender feelings. When we were little girls, we would sit on the end of the row and feel the carolers big dresses as they walked by.

I'm so so thankful that John has happily adopted this tradition. I see in the future him wearing a "Grandpa Jerry smile" and have a "Papa" tear in his eye.

Adeline sat next to me, on the end of the row, and reached her hand out to touch the carolers beautiful dresses. It was magic

At the end of the night Scrooge promised to honor Christmas in his heart. So do I. Thanks Gma M and Gpa J for bringing Christmas to life each and every year for me. Now I know how to "keep" Christmas!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I LOVE it!! We've always done that too! This year Preston gets a special treat by going with just his grandma and grandpa. I read the book to him and he can't wait until Saturday!

heather said...

What great memories. How awesome is that, your children get to carry on the same tradition as you did when you were little. cute necklace btw.