Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Addition to Our Family...

That title would've tricked many of you had I not already mentioned the cat in an earlier post (if it did trick you-HA HA).Her name is Tasha Cookie Jonas (Tasha, from the Backyardagains and Cookie is my parents neighbors dog).
She is a stray that we have kind of adopted. I am convinced this is the perfect way for our family to have a pet. We didn't have to convice John of anything, it comes and goes as it pleases, it's not allowed in the house, and we're only slightly attatched. The children can play with her for their 30 minutes a day, then she takes off and isn't really seen again until she's hungry (I now put food and water on the back porch for her). She started coming around because one night we accidentally left our garage door open and she got some food out of the garbage can. The next morning Bailey spilled cheetos all over the driveway which were gone when we got home from the store. So I knew some kind of animal was on the prowel. It turned out to be this very sweet kitty, who I really think is just hungry and lonely. It has been fun for the kids and easy for me. So for now, we are a pet family.



7 comments:

Leslie said...

Crap KIM that is our lost cat!!!!!HA HA!! just kidding with you!!! she is a cutie!! we had that happen to us in American Fork where we used to live just adopted a cat that kept appearing in our back yard, so we brought him up here when we moved and life was great and all till last summer when MY HUSBAND ANDY KILLED THE CAT!!! OH YA!!!!!! accidentally of course with our car infront of Buckles house. Soooo since we were all devistated the kids and I we bought a kitten 2 months after that so we now have a year old kitty we named Sammie! she is only a indoor cat!I just love cats, they are soooo lovable and not messy like a dog! I bet I will always have a cat around the rest of my life. If I get my way!!! ha ha!!

Monica said...

The excitement on your kids face is the best part!

JEN MARX said...

I love Tasha Cookie Jonas. I can't believe she is still around...probably not for long because the owners will probably read your blog. =) Sounds like the perfect pet! =)

Cami said...

Can't wait to see how long until Tasha Cookie is in your house and a real part of your family! haha That is so fun for the kids, and for you too I bet - admit it!

SUMMER said...

That is a funny name... LOVE it! I bet the kids are in heaven!

Hayward Family said...

WOW! Really? haha.. Looks like a very cute cat to be stray! It's all YOURS now!! hehe.. Way to be a good simaritan (spelling?)

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

HAHA I like the name... Can't wait until tomorrow see you then.:)