Thursday, August 28, 2008

Does anyone have a bonnet I can borrow?

Last night my mom and I canned salsa that we made from tomatoes we picked from our gardens. It was a much simpler process then canning meat, which is nice to know. When it was all done my mom said "How do you feel?" My answer, "Old and pioneery, but a little proud." I never thought I would turn into this canning, scrapbooking, carpool driving (in a mini van), den mothering, toilet scrubber that I am, but here I am and who would've guessed...this is where I have found all my happiness!
Thanks Ma for all your help.
BTW, this pic was taken at 10 last night so we beauty queens are a little under par!

4 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

K, I'm super impresses with your canning skills. I need to get working on that sometime. I'm just jumping on the food storage band wagon.
I think I still am pretty anxious about Boston being in kindergarten. I watch him walk into his class everyday and it still makes me kind of sad...kids grow up too fast!

Leslie said...

Kim, no matter what time of the day or night you always look soooo cute and beautiful!!! looks like fun and very yummy!!!!!!!!! thanks for saying that I need a girl on our blog, TRUST ME I KNOW!!!!!!!!!ha ha!!

JEN MARX said...

Fun...sorry I missed it! Next time for sure! Don't you just want to eat it all up now?? BTW love the denim jacket/shirt! =)

nanajan said...

I actually do have a bonnet you can borrow - but I guess that was a rhetorical question! Good job on the canning - you know why I don't can - because it's against the Word of Wisdom - you're supposed to eat fruits/vegetables in their season - canning makes you eat them out of season!