Thursday, October 18, 2007

making my own magazine

So I have subscriptions to a couple magazines (Martha Stewart and Family Fun) and I love to flip through them and get fun ideas. The problem is, I never remember the ideas let alone do them. All the while, magazines are piling up in my house. To remedy this problem, I have started going through all my magazines and ripping out the pages with all the things I like...recipes, decorating ideas, fun crafts, kid's games, entertaining, etc. I have categorize them and put them in three ring binders. So now when I need a fun game for a birthday party or a cute centerpiece for a holiday, I just have to flip to that section and..wa-la! I am super excited about it.

4 comments:

Kelly Fam said...

Kim,
great idea with the magazines. I'm so glad you have a blog, i've been thinking about you guys so this is a great way to see what's going on. If you didn't know, i have a blog too. It is www.dutchjohnkellys.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

Horray! Love the blog. Great magazine organizer. I get Parenting and Decor, however I just rip them out and put them in a folder. You have taken it more step further...awesome.

Janice said...

It was so fun to see you this week! The boys had fun with Austin and were asking all night to go back and play with their friend. So glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch better!~

Kelly said...

What a cute idea!