Thursday, October 11, 2007

how to remove nail polish from your carpet

If you know my sweet Addie, you will not be shocked to know that while I was working in the yard, she was inside painting her nails! Purple! Of course, being 2, she also painted her brand new pants and my carpet!
I quickly jumped online to find lots and lots of chemical combinations...ammonia and rubbing alcohol, hydrogin peroxide and hair spray. I tried them all and got nice buzz:) I found what worked the very best was windex. Just plain windex. Now I did put everything else on there and THE STAIN STILL HAS TO BE WET!!! If it's dry, I think your best bet is new carpet. HAHA! But before you try all the concoctions, try windex. I think it'll work!

2 comments:

Andrea J said...

Ahh! I will keep that in mind as it is only a matter of time until Kate pulls that trick. She did however find a single serving of crystal light (raspberry - read red) that she spilled in her room. I thought I had gotten it up, but found out otherwise when she spilled water in the same spot. I highly recommend professional cleaning :)

Jonn & Judy Claybaugh said...

I LOVE your family!! hugs and kisses, juju