Monday, May 23, 2011

Expecting a Girl...

Today I am 31 weeks pregnant.

I'm not going to post a picture because I'm not lying when I tell you that I have gained weight in every possible place in my body. First it goes to the behind. Second to the chin. It's now spread to fingers, soles of feet and even my nose. Yes it's true! I think my nose is bigger. There's no way I'm taking a picture. I don't want to remember and I'm a little worried the circus might call and ask me to join the freakshow.

But more importantly, I'm 31 weeks. If we assume I'm having this baby girl around 37 weeks (which I do) then I only have 6 weeks left. I think I can do 6 more weeks, especially since I've taken a turn for the better the last few days...

Sleeping really great without medicine
Not too achy
Heart burn controllable
Nausea subsided
Blood pressure great
Glucose normal
No contractions
Lots of baby movement

Can't ask for much more.

When I found out I was growing another girl, I was a little over whelmed. I mean, 3 girls! I slowly came to grips. A week later, I sat on the beach in Florida and watched Austin build a sand castle while Adeline and Bailey searched for seashells to decorate said castle. Now that's something I can get on board with. I get it. Making things beautiful is just what we females do.

Yesterday (after several other experiences like the one above) I walked into church with Bailey's hand in mine. I looked at her curly, platinum hair and squeezed her little hand. Then I leaned to John and whispered that I always wanted to walk into church holding hands with a little lady in a floral dress.

And everything in the world seemed right...

3 comments:

Brittany said...

**Sigh** That was sweet and made me happy. I'm glad you are getting close to meeting this little lady. Hope your pregnancy gets a little more comfortable.

(I don't think 'pregnancy' and 'comfortable' have ever been in the same sentence!) :)

EM said...

Oh how I can relate. My face is bloated, my butt is huge, and I basically don't even fit into my maternity clothes anymore. I wear Ben's clothes at home and squeeze into whatever when I go out. And I still have 4 weeks more! People keep asking me if I'm due any day. Nope!

I am excited for you to have another little girl. You really do make some super cute girls! And our boys will be stoked to hang out with the Jonas's when they are all teenagers :)

Hayward Family said...

SO CUTE!! I'm so excited for you to have another girl.. CONGRATS!