Friday, May 8, 2009

It's a World of Laughter...

Part one of Jonas Family California Vacation 2009...

Have to drive through in-n-out and get hats for the kids! Drive was great. Kiddos are a dream!
We decided to head straight for my grandma's house instead of our hotel across from Disneyland. This was smart choice #1. Load of laundry done, home cooked meal (complete with gram's famous lemonade), pool and roses. Then we cleaned up and headed to our hotel so they could host FHE.
Smart choice #2...I researched hotels like I was going to live there for life and found a great one, right across the street with a nice pool, Internet and breakfast. I've already high fived myself, but you can too next time I see you.
We had early bird tickets, so we walked right in and onto the Matterhorn twice! it's a little scary the first time.
Mr. Toad was scary too. I didn't like going to Hell at the end.
The carousel was a favorite for the girls, but not cool enough for our big boy.
After 4 rides in an hour, we headed to the highly anticipated princess breakfast. Ariel greeted us
My favorite, Belle
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Adeline was on cloud nine. We will count that as smart choice #3 (paying through the nose to eat breakfast with the princesses instead of waiting in line for 2 hours to see them.) Worth it!
Jumping Jellyfish
Going to Tom Sawyers Island

To me, this is why it's the happiest place on earth

Toontown. Bailey's in jail.

Come on, Girl! Put your back into it.
I'm sure brother can do it

Sorry I didn't flip this picture. I'm on vacation, okay?
Austin got to do Jedi training, which was unbelievable. Disneyland does not disappoint. He got to fight Darth Vader!
Casey Junior's train ride around the park
Carousel for the 3rd or 4th time
Austin protecting Addie on Alice in Wonderland.
It was a perfect 2 days!! John gets smart choice #4. He bought Ridemax software that planned your day for you to minumize lines. Studying this gave him the info to know "that ride will be slower this evening" or "this is the best time to hit this ride." The longest line we waited in was 20 minutes!!! It was so great.
i just have to mention that Small World was pure magic for the girls. We rode that 3 or 4 times too. Addie just sat with wide eyes and gaping mouth. Bailey squealed in between each "look at that" and "I love that."
All we heard from Austin for 2 days was "Is that real?" and "How did Walt do that?"
What a treat!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Wow, I can't wait. I hope we can have such a great experience. I LOVE all the pictures and can't wait to see more! I am wishing we were there too - especially with Grma and Grpa!

JEN MARX said...

I love Disneyland! And I love It's a small world too...especially at Christmas. Looks like tons of fun!

Leslie said...

How fun!!!!! such a great place!!! looks like you guys are having a blast!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that you are getting on rides with no long waits!!!!

Valerie said...

Looks like fun!! I don't think you ever outgrow Disneyland. I love that even with eight years difference between my kids, everyone has a great time!! Love the picture of Austin fighting Vader, looks like after visiting hell on Mr. Toad, he chose wisely. I have to say, I don't think I have ever been on that ride. Addie with the princesses is priceless. The look on her face tells it all. How cute is Bailey in jail, I just want to reach through those bars and rescue her!!

Cyndi said...

Ahhh...I love it. It is perfect! Just as it should be.

I will have to hear more about Ridemax. Never heard of it (not that I hear about those kinds of things), sounds awesome!

Very smart choices! I love the picture of Austin protecting Addy and the three holding hands. Melt your heart.

Jolley's said...

All I have to say is that place is seriously MAGICAL!!!