Monday, December 1, 2008

My Thanksgiving Post (finally!)

Thanksgiving this year was near perfect. My mom scheduled their church, so we would have plenty of room to eat and play. The night before, my mom had these little projects for the kids...napkin rings and a turkey roll basket.





John was in charge of the camera, which means we got NO pictures. So these pictures are from my dad and Cami. This is a creative shot of Todd and Alexis


What would Thanksgiving be without a texting teenager?










Cami had a little craft for the kids to make turkeys out of cookies and candy.














Good job B!












We set up a TV for the kids to watch a movie in a quiet room. It was so great! The kids also played a lot in the gym and gave the adults plenty of time to get whooped in boggle by my dad.






Other great things about 2008 Thanksgiving:
  • My mom, Cami and I divided the labor and no one felt over-whelmed
  • We ate at 1 which forces you to finish your cooking early and play the rest of the day
  • The weather was nice enough for me to rollerblade with Austin and Adeline outside
  • Once the church was cleaned up, everyone came to my house for more food (Duh), football (for the boys), and flipping through Black Friday ads (for the girls, minus me)

1 comment:

Hayward Family said...

sounds like fun! Your mom does the cutest little crafty projects with the kiddies!! HOW FUN!