Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Dessert

For nearly 5 years we have had Sunday dinner at my mom's house every single week. I can only remember one Sunday dinner that hasn't been meat and potatoes. There have been a few exceptions when my mom has been out of town and has asked me to take over. One time I made Mexican food (you know, to shake things up) and it didn't go over very well. My mom is in California this week, so everyone came to my house for dinner tonight. I did not disappoint and served bbq chicken and steak, garlic potatoes, carrots, and rolls.
My mom always has amazing desserts too. I can't compare to that, but I made a good effort tonight and wanted to share the recipe...
Kim's No Bake Cheesecake (it's always a hit and it's SO easy. I make it for everything.)
16 oz. cream cheese, softened (2 packages)
8 oz. sour cream (one container)
8 oz. cool whip (one container)
1 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
Beat cream cheese with hand mixer until it's smooth. Add sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Mix until blended. Fold in cool whip.
This will make two cheese cakes. I usually leave one plain and put it in a graham cracker crust and then add about 1/2 a cup of peanut butter to the rest of it and put it in an oreo crust.
Tonight, I did a peanut butter one and put mint extract and crushed oreos for the other. It was all YUM! You can be creative and do any kind of cheesecake you want!

4 comments:

Devri said...

Sounds so yummy! I'm going to have to try it! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Stacy said...

Hi Kim! This is Stacy Hansen. I saw your link on Jen's blog a while ago, but I thought I would leave you comment. My mom makes that cheesecake and it is my favorite! Anyways, if you want to look at our blog it is nandshansenfamily.blogspot.com. It is kind of boring, since we don't have kids, but you can look if you want! :o) That video of Addie saying those lines from the Little Rascals is sooo cute!

Janice said...

Yum! The peanut butter version sounds so good and easy. I will have to try it!

Cyndi said...

Thanks for this recipe. You guys always have the best dessert. I am going to make it tomorrow for the missionaries.