Friday, January 18, 2008

Pizza Night

For dinner last night we made homemade pizza. I just wanted to share the recipe because it was yummy and healthy!
The kids pizza has pepperoni and sausage under a pile of cheese (not so healthy).
(Yes, Addie is wearing 2 headbands and 2 necklaces and Austin is wearing his spiderman costume)
This is the adult pizza that was more healthy. As interesting as the pizza is, I know you are thinking "what on earth are those girls wearing?" Well, I will tell you. Addie has a snow hat and her princess crown on...cute combo! Bailey and I are in our jammies! I had gotten up early, worked out, got the kids to school, went to wal-mart, costco, old navy, and the beauty supply! I was pooped when I got home, so I took my bra off and put my jammies on. Bailey made a mess of herself, so she got an early bath and jammies before dinner.

This was my dessert. I have discovered these Oreo Candy Bites. They are so so yum. I love 100 cal packs!
Here's my recipe...
Kim's Veggie Pizza
Pizza crust
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons honey
3 cups whole wheat flour (I happen to be a real woman and grind my own flour! If you are not as domestic and me, I'm sure store bought stuff will do:)
Stir the yeast and honey into the warm water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add to flour and knead for about 5 minutes. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes. Spread onto greased cookie sheet (should make about 2 cookie sheets of pizza)

Garlic Sauce
1/2 cup Margarine
2 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper
1/4 of an onion
chop veggies and cook for about 10 minutes in margarine. Put mixture in blender and blend until smooth.
That is your sauce.
You can top the pizza with whatever you want. I put on artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach. I sprinkled the tiniest bit of mozerella and feta cheese.
The whole thing is about 20 points, so about 2 points per slice! Not bad.

6 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

Hey Kim it's Lindsey. I'm so glad you found our blog. Your family is adorable. I can't believe you have 3 kids, that is awesome! I think we should totally have a drill team reunion. I saw Jamie a while back and she said the same thing. I think it would be awesome. You can email me too...lindsfitch@hotmail.com

Janice said...

Fun Night! Arent kids funny when they are so determined to wear something..cute or not?? Are ou doing weight watchers? Only because of the 20 point pizza thing :)

Cyndi said...

Yummy recipe, I will have to try it. I also will have to try the Oreo snacks. Addie has great style! Hurray for pizza night.

Hayward Family said...

WOW! Looks good!! Is that how you are staying so thin, you lucky girl!! You seriously look SO GOOD after 3 kids!! You are my hero! ;) About where do you live now? Skating sounds like fun! hehe... You are seriously so cute! Your kids are also SO ADORABLE! Good job!

Hayward Family said...

WOW! Looks good!! Is that how you are staying so thin, you lucky girl!! You seriously look SO GOOD after 3 kids!! You are my hero! ;) About where do you live now? Skating sounds like fun! hehe... You are seriously so cute! Your kids are also SO ADORABLE! Good job!

Devri said...

I grew up on 400 E and was friends with Kristin Aaron and my sister Jane was friends with Andrea. It was a long time ago and I look totally different so you may not remember me.
Thanks for your comment. How in the world did you handle bed rest? It's almost been a week and I am already about to go crazy!