Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas 2011: In One Long Post

 So, I thought about setting a new years resolution to blog every single day of 2012, but that's just not realistic for me...but I really want to be better!
Let me sum up our December for you. After heading up our ward Christmas party AND ward Christmas service project (which were both a complete joy to do...really!), we held up a life-long tradition and went to see "Scrooge"
Dinner before at Pizza Factory
I guess we bored the big boys
Classic girl picture (where's Cara?)
Oh! I love Todd and Lexi
This is seriously the best family picture we got
Always good times when I get to sit next to this man

The week before Christmas, between the older 3, there was some kind performance every single day...from dance to school sings...It started with Bailey's dance recital. Then my camera died and I kept forgetting to charge it (like all great mom's do) and only got pics of this cutie

Christmas Eve was a HOOT! After dinner we had a "variety show" (not enough talent in this family to call it a "talent show"). My camera was up and running, but everything was videoed, so pictures are few.
Todd and Lexi did a Bollywood dance from the Wii
Cami, Cara, and I did a silly little lip sync to "Sisters" from White Christmas

 Not pictured (but maybe we will get a video montage up here one day) was a lip sync by CarAndrew, Feliz Navidad by Tim, Shel and the chocolate babies, a game by Gma Juju, reading by the Hansen boys, and the nativity by the Jonas children. Check out the youngest Jonas...
...Gah...this girl...
 Christmas morning was truly perfect. Since Christmas was on Sunday this year, we got up and went to church! Not only did it set the tone for the day, but we all looked so cute in our Christmas morning pictures. We came home, got back in jammies and dove into presents, with peanut butter cups from our stockings for breakfast- first breakfast, that is.
Angry Birds!
Harry Potter!
This lady made my Christmas season so special!
I decided since my girls were wearing swim robes from 2 years ago, this would be a great gift
with matching slippers!
Alrighy, I am counting this as being officially caught up! Stick around, we're going on a cruise next week and you won't want to miss pictures of me in a bathing suit. Plus I want to throw in a couple other update posts.

2 comments:

Todd Claybaugh said...

Gangsta Austin!

Leslie said...

Cute pictures!!! love your new family picture and blog!!!!!!!! I was wondering when you were going to update it!!! LOL :) looks like the kids had a great Christmas!!!!!!! :)