Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wardrobe Change

Last Friday, April 16, I shed my 20's and gracefully donned a full 3 decades! I know what you're thinking, "how can such a cute, hip chick be 30?" But it's true and I'm happy.

In my 20's I got married, gave birth 3 times, bought 2 homes, deepened my belief in my religion, traveled the world, learned to eat right and exercise, along with other accomplishments that I'm proud of.

In my 30's I plan to give birth a couple more times, thus fully submerging myself into soccer/PTA mom. I guess I better buy myself a pair of keds and pull the overall capris out of the archives. I would also like to travel even more far and wide, get myself into even better shape, continue to serve in my church and build my testimony. These are the things that make me most happy.

For my big day John took me to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point. Then like the party animals we are, we went to REI to look at double jogging strollers. That was actually to kill time until our 6:00 dinner reservation at Tuscany. After dinner it was still early and we weren't ready to head to the hotel so we took the party to Home Depot where we looked at new kitchen sinks and ceiling fans (I'm serious). On our way back to the hotel we stopped at Denny's and ordered 4 different desserts to go (still serious). We stayed the night at the Anniversary Inn in the Phantom of the Opera room.
We gorged ourselves on chocolate desserts and slept soundly on the fluffy bed. By morning it was all over. We had to get up early and head home for 2 soccer games and a baby shower.

Thankfully, 30 never felt so good!

6 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday!

I enjoyed turning 30 as well. I felt like I had credibility as an adult.

And actually I liked 50. Sister Hinckley said 50 was her favorite age.

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Hayward Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I need to make a turning 29 post!! hahaha.. LOVE YOU!

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

yea for Kim! Still waiting to hear when we get to hang out in a few weeks . . . ;)

Leslie said...

Happy late birthday! I wished you happy birthday on facebook but not sure how often you get on there. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful night!!!! soooo much fun!!! I am devistated that I will be 35 next month!!! :( seems sooo old to me!!! :( old enough that I will soon be approching menopause!! LOL and no more kids! LOL and the fact that I will be looking older!!! LOL you are still young!!! enjoy the begginings of the thirtys! as you know it goes by way to fast!! I remember 25 like it was yesterday!! (cried that day too when I turned 25) LOL thought that was old!! LOL little did I know 35 is even older!!!!! LOL still you look amazing!! keep up the good work!!!

JEN MARX said...

Awesome!! I'll totally have to add the Home Depot stop to my upcoming 30 celebration! :) heehee