Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today I went to Costco and came home with nothing


How? You ask. Remember my wallet was stolen by a thief in the night? My debit card was in there, which has since been canceled and replaced. But did you know that you have to go into your branch to set up a pin number? Who has time for that? Not me! So I have been using my new debit card as a credit card for the past 2 weeks, which hasn't been a problem until I loaded a cart at Costco today and even got so far as to swipe my "debit card". If you're not a costco reg like me you don't know that costco only accepts debit cards (with pins), Amex, or checks. I had none of these, so my only option was to go home and somehow scrounge up $175. GRRR. Last thing I needed today with a million things I wanted to get done so I don't have to do them tomorrow(if you don't know what tomorrow is I'm not telling you).
After a couple hours back home I was able to sneak away to the bank (to get my pin) and back to Costco. Half way to the bank I realized what my feet looked like. I was wearing my slippers! I was not about to turn around so I visited the bank and Costco in slippers.
Some days I'm a total airhead!

9 comments:

Cami said...

haha i hate that. but not as bad as accidentally wearing your slip on tennis shoes to the gym!

Dana DeLuca said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KIM...........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Hope you have a better day and wear some better shoes...

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Harmony said...

haha I did that EXACT same thing at Costco a few years ago when my wallet was stolen!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a piece of cake for me!!!

heather said...

That sounds like something I would do, and btw, happy birthday! Hope you are having a good one, maybe even a ragin' party...hey it could happen.

Leslie said...

Ya, I shop costco all the time and that is such a pain that you HAVE to have your pin or a check like you said. I was just there on Thursday :) I love costco. Sorry you had such a rough start!!! :( sooo irritating!!! cute that you were in your slippers. I think you were okay though cause the people I tend to see at the stores look a lot worse then I tought I looked!!! LOL

Brittany said...

At least you were comfy during the whole crazy fiasco! Hope you had a great birthday!

Crystal Escobar said...

oh man! What a day. I love Costco, but sometimes the payment thing can be inconvenient.
That is so funny that you wore those cute red slippers everywhere, haha :)
I'm visiting you through Leslie Moody's blog. Just thought I'd pop over and say hi. I really love meeting other moms and reading about their lives :)
Have a great day!

Hayward Family said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! I am at work laughing my HEAD OFF!! That is totally something I would do!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I LOVE YOU!