Thursday, August 6, 2009

Mesa Verde

John's been wanting to take the kids to Mesa Verde. If you remember, I'm an accommodating wife, so we took a quick trip a few weeks ago.

I have to be honest. I don't think it's the best kids trip. I was under the impression that we get to "hike" to these Indian villages. Really, we get "tours" of them. So it would take over an hour to go 1/2 a mile. The ruins were very neat, but the children didn't really appreciate it and I felt like I was in church for two days, telling my kids to "be quiet" and "don't climb on that."





Some parts were really fun because we got to climb ladders




and crawl through holes


And at the end of the day we got to sit in the shade and relax

It was a fun trip. If you have older kids, it's great, but I wouldn't recommend it for little ones.

2 comments:

Hayward Family said...

WOW! You guys have done a TON this summer!! Jealous!

Becca said...

I went there last fall. I really enjoyed it, but yes, I can see how it wouldn't be that intersting for kids!!!