Monday, October 4, 2010

I am Full

This past weekend I spent hours in front of the TV to feast on the word of God through our living prophet.What a feast it was! And I got to do it all in my jammies, cuddled with my husband on the couch and shushing my kids every 10 minutes.

General Conference is my favorite weekend. It reminds me that I have lots of work to do, but I am blessed for my efforts so far.

Things that touched me:

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf told me that slowing down and focusing on essentials (especially in hard times) will get me smoothly through life with joy.

Elder Quintin L. Cook reminded me to have hope that our world will eventually have light and freedom. Until then, our homes need to be shelters from evil and we need to be examples to our community.

Elder Larry R. Lawrence challenged me to be a courageous parent.

Elder M. Russell Ballard warned against Lucifer. He is unmerciful. He will not loosen his grasp on you. He is only trying to make you as miserable as he is.

And so much more!

Can't wait until can I reread these words- from God, to me- in the November Ensign.

No comments: